Friday, August 25, 2023

My Live for Englande

 


...jk Rowling is great
She has such affertile mind and good character as I see it

But admittedly I love British people
Or at least their character,
Which is a basic position I'll
Expand on more
In lines 200-280, later on

How I do love rain and magic
And a general mannerliness,
And then
The dreadful quixotic
Lunch rock,
I mean punk rock,
God damn auto correct,
Which that baseline courtliness
Would seem to
Generate
As if by a counter-spawning,
In time.

How I live there
I mean love their
Droll, viciously decent
Sense of humor.
And their
Crazy sexual openness
And rutting naughtiness.

Just think about it.
If you were born
Of a small, eternally
Rainy and dark Island set
Of Atlantis-descended, weirdly powerful Kingdoms,
Fraught with war
And insane religious
And cultural conflict,
Between paganism
And stark monotheism,
And then among the bickering steel-clad splinter sects
Of Christ-worship,
Wouldn't you also
Be obsessed
With sex
And getting drunk..

Simply living,
That is.

And then there is
The Scottish area,
inhabited still to this day by the truculent, unintelligible Scots
and magical bloodlines,
And then there's the
Irish,
And the
Refugee Egyptian Royalty,
Etc.

No comments: