Friday, August 25, 2023

Don't like it, take it back, bring me a new one.

 

...First, a solemn prayer: With each new person who agrees to speedily send me some likely small amount of their precious money, my strength and willingness as a notable and relevant writer will grow, like a turtle with two loving parents. A turtle who some other virtuous and intelligent turtles consider good, and beautiful at times, and having some potential maybe still, and a fairly impressive vocabulary. Now listen here: it is a categorical fact, in late, sadistic, rather flammable August of 2023, that it's no longer in poor taste to ask for money, when you write despite everything, including your morbid, relative laziness, and disdain for the world of women and men and States. After doing this with no financial motive for years and years, prior to now. And if you think it is gauche, etc,. to write such preambles to germane, timely poems, then i'm forced to disagree with you, and add a few words here and there in order to waste your time and cause you to sniff. I understand completely that it's not exactly endearing or very palatable to directly ask for money just because i feel i'm a valid and somewhat worthy writer, but i can promise you i do it intentionally, meaning it would have been easy simply to monetize the web-log or move to a different format with more secure and sanctioned means of accepting donations, etc. Yes, some people who read this shit have good reasons not to donate. Other people, sadly, are just cheap chiseling motherfuckers who might consider writing their own damn poems and essays of very necessary moral contempt and outrage. I'll monetize, etc., in my own damned time, or I won't. I sincerely feel there's some odd, small dignity in asking directly, and even more than once. Or perhaps it's just the laziness and my being a bit of a pushy, lately more brittle bastard. Only two people have given me money since I swallowed my decorum and undertook this mendicancy, and they aren't wealthy (and one of them is a single mother, and i hope her husband pays out of his motherfucking ass once the barristers have done their sleazy job). These two helpmeets of mine are certainly rich in terms of taste and kindness, though. You're smart, and if you're game, you can figure out how to contact me or be my modest benefactor. Also i came up with the idea for using the internet to directly, financially support small, local and distant, sometimes lazier artists and spitting screed-writers and the like, way back in 1998 but you don't see me suing anyone or getting stabbed to death in San Francisco, do you. The Great Architect keeps really precise records and when i get to Heaven i'm going to have a giant expense account, and all the beggars, artists and homeless people I've known will take me to the bar and we'll have a raucous sing-along. And now for the poesy let's get right into it please like comment and subscribe and be sure to follow me everywhere, just don't make it too obvious i'm warning you i have great peripheral vision and situational awareness...




I don't like google, anymore.
I don't like sexting
Don't like tinder,
don't like LinkedIn
Or Grindr either

I don't like scallops, and never have,
Or Nazis at all for sure
Or communists
Or braindead democrats
Who bray and
Love saying the phrase,
"Cunspeercie theery"
Like vicious, nasty children
Singing mean-spirited
Little bratty songs
To a bullied loner, at recess,
Or
Rather just like the weak non-leftists
and grubby,
off-shoring union-gutters the
D's have
Actually become, since at least non-11,
Which seemed to make them
Forget a lot of things,
Like how to oppose
Capital and MIC-imperialism
And the murderous fascist deep state,
Or admit that powerful conspiracies
Are horribly real and
Super-significant,
Or even bray about them.

As I was saying,
These weakling spineless
Sybarite democrats,
Repeating themselves,
Cunspeercie theery cunspeercie theery
Just to bully
And exclude and be
Mean in spirit,
and also, i suspect,
the motherfuckers are simply lying and faking,
and hiding under
their cribs of mock-rationalism.
Motherfuckers never heard of Abe Lincoln or the Kennedys, i guess.
Malcolm X knew wtf he was talking about when he called you out,
you white penises, you pale scrawny pussies.
Don't likem,
Not very much at least.
Or only as much
As the R's
And their much more
Consistent,
Somewhat less addled
World-view and prejudices.

Don't like my neighbors,
Probably,
Don't like the modern version
Of cartoons or government
Or pop music

I don't enjoy
Striving towards very distant retirement
While dodging
A seasoned army
And being more or less
Poor along the way

What I like
kindness
And decency, and
People thinking of
Things other than
Themselves

I don't like
An excess of opinions,
Which should mostly
Be kept to oneself
Unless goaded,
Or writing poems,
Or having a proper
Discussion or debate
With someone else who
Is principled,
In earnest,
And not hopelessly dumb
Or mean-spirited or
One of these sociopaths
Whose numbers are
Well-known to be
Increasing,
For various reasons,
Some of them spooky,
As far as I'm concerned.

Don't like capitals
or small depressing towns
except my own,
don't like having to
copy and paste
these necessary but admittedly indulgent and drawn-out poems
from one shitty format to another
and then debate with myself
whether or not to go
and chop down the ugly capital letters
at the beginning of each little line,
thus i added this stanza.

Sincerely, I don't like
People stating
What they like and do not like
Quite as much
As they tend to.
I bet some real hunger
And poverty
And effective martial law
Would
Shut us quite the fuck up.

I don't, or rather,
I tend not to like people who
Don't own any plants,
Which are not barred
By any known housing lease,
Like animal pets often are,
Being messy and
Potentially dangerous,
As we animals may be.

I dislike with a
Particular and impatient focus
people
Who say they hate jazz.
You can dislike jazz,
But don't be a philistine asshole
About it,
You sad,
Noisy pervert.





I don't like getting old.
Nor falling down accidentally
Or because I've been attacked,
Or struck by a more
Insensible force of nature
Like a giant steel girder
Or earthquake.
I don't dislike a good pratfall though.

I do like
W.C. Fields.
And the popular French-negro comedian,
David Chapelle.
I've even written
A song in DC's honor,
in nonsense-French.

I don't like newspaper editors, generally.
Or other kinds of
press secretaries.

Don't like monkeys dressed in
Tutus or Tuxedos,
Etc.,
By blunt tool humans
Who think that's funny.
I don't like the blunt tools
Themselves when they all
Willingly wear business suits
At weddings, funerals,
Award ceremonies and
Job interviews,
And every dog and pony show
Of both politics and business.
Am I to suppose
Everything is business,
Or suitable?
Or that a better model
Of "suit" has never
In about 150 years
Been imagined?
We are pawns in a mysteriously ancient game that few understand,
but most pretend or are blind to,
Facts.

And cut of lapel
Really that inviolably perfect?

Fuck you
I doubt it.

Bad dog! Dumb dog!

Don't like cruelty
To poor folks,
black, yella, tan, and white folks,
or to insane and mentally ill people,
Or the non-housed.
Or even to the elderly and senile.

I won't stand for
illegally obtained adrenochrome.

Don't like extremely cold weather
Or extremely hot climates,
Do not like calamities
Nor state-sponsored psy-ops
And falls flaggereh

I really, really don't like
this new craze of 
global, mass murderous arson.
This evil, devious giving of a bad name to forest fires,
when it's just devilish fucking arson.

Don't don't don't
Do do do
Don'ty Doodie Duty

No comments: